Hive Heating Controls
Free To All Qualifying Customers
Hive Heating Controls - now available with every ECO application that goes to survey
- Never have that “is the heating still on” moment again when you’re out of the house
- You can tell your thermostat when you’re going on holiday
- Set a different schedule every day easily from the Hive app
- For weekend lie-ins, you can turn up the heating without needing to get out of bed
- If your smart thermostat has Geolocation alerts, it can recognise when you are home, or when you are on your commute home, so it knows to turn the heating on
Yes – you can manage your energy efficiency a lot more easily with smart heating, read our guide on the measures that you can take to reduce your homes energy bill.
You will need a smart thermostat which connects to your boiler (sometimes using a receiver), a main control/home network device (hub) which connects to your smart thermostat and your internet, and an app you can download to your smartphone. Smart heating needs to be safely installed by professional. You don’t need to be a British Gas customer for your Hive smart heating to work. Thanks to Government ECO funding, if you apply for Hive Heating Controls with RST today, we can get you up and running with the latest energy efficiency measures at no cost to you.
Yes – Hive thermostats do work with voice assistants like Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. So, if your hands are full and you can’t tap the app, just say “Alexa, turn the heating off”. Even better, anyone in your family can do it. If you forgot to turn the heating off, you can also turn it off remotely using your phone. There’s lots more to know and learn about the smart home. APPLY NOW to secure your Hive Heating Controls
On average, a Hive installation by one of our engineers should take from 20 – 40 minutes.