Do you want to save on energy bills?Are you a homeowner? With a boiler that is six years or older, and in receipt of Government benefits? You can apply for this FREE no-obligation survey and possibly qualify for a FREE install.
The energy efficiency scheme for Great Britain, Energy Company Obligation (ECO) places legal obligations on larger energy suppliers to deliver energy efficiency measures to domestic premises. ECO3 which is the government’s response to the Energy Company Obligation will run from Autumn 2018 until March 2022 and delivers energy efficiency and heating measures to homes in Great Britain.
The scheme’s other main policies include:
- focusing the entire scheme to support low income, vulnerable and fuel poor households
- reducing the current supplier obligation threshold of 250,000 customer accounts (or equivalent) for the scheme, in a phased way, to 150,000 customer accounts (or equivalent) from 2020
- requiring 15% of measures to be delivered to rural homes
- increasing the proportion of the scheme that can be delivered under local authority flexible eligibility to 25%
- allowing up to 10% of a suppliers’ obligation to be met through the delivery of new, innovative products
- supporting households that have a broken heating system by allowing the equivalent of 35,000 broken heating systems to be replaced per year
- encouraging a multiple measure approach by allowing the replacement of inefficient heating systems to be replaced (outside of the broken heating system cap) if they are installed alongside insulation
- requiring the equivalent of at least 17,000 solid walled homes to be treated per year, either through solid wall insulation, or using a combination of other technologies (if equivalent savings can be achieved in the property)